Even if the Exynos processor has slightly worse performance than the Snapdragon processor, it is always possible to get Root access in Samsung mobile phone. Most Snapdragon variants are difficult to root because most are mobile phones with carrier-locked. It made the bootloader unlocking process complicated and sometimes we couldn’t root our mobile device: Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus LTE and 5G variants including Exynos and Snapdragon options. After you have Exynos processor option, you will root Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Exynos Android 10 on mobile phone using below method.
Subsequent procedures apply to both LTE and 5G variants. It might be best if you can’t try it with Snapdragon variants. It’s a TWRP custom recovery method so you can install custom ROMs.
After One UI release Samsung optimized mobiles well with the software. But after you feel you would like to use root required apps or more control on your mobile, you’ll root your mobile using the below method. Once you are an everyday user, rather than root, you’ll be able to try some alternative apps.
Did You Need To Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Exynos In The Android 10 Version? (S20+)
Table of contents
- 1 Did You Need To Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Exynos In The Android 10 Version? (S20+)
- 2 How To Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Exynos Android 10 One UI 2.1, 2.5 (SM-G985F/SM-G986B, LTE/5G)
- 3 What More?
It’s best if you have a good reason to root. Samsung has released One UI 2.1 / 2.5 that supports Android 10 and has been optimized. You have over 8 GB RAM to use everyday applications without lag for many years. Yes, I know, the RAM doesn’t seem like enough due to the OS heavily customized by Samsung.
But One UI is much better than other Custom Skin OSs. You will be using this device without lag for years until Samsung messes with some Bloatware. But beyond that, this is not the reason why some root apps beat you.
Otherwise, you are a regular user of some custom OS you will go further. But if you want to root because everyone is doing it, I advise you, don’t root if you don’t have any experience yet. For the casual user, It can become a Nightmare.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Exynos Android 10 One UI 2.1, 2.5 (SM-G985F/SM-G986B, LTE/5G)
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus LTE / 5G International variants include a versatile bootloader. It means that smartphones will be easily rooted. Alternatively, the device can accept inclusion in TWRP recovery or other custom recovery file/application. Don’t try with the US Snapdragon Variants like Verizon devices. They are available with locked Bootloader.
But within the method below, we’ll Root this device using Magisk. You’ll install Official TWRP using the official app when it’s released. TWRP recovery maybe a custom recovery file that has to be installed on your device since you’ll be able to root them successfully.
During this article, we’ve explained the best method to follow and install Magisk on Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus. However, the mandatory tool to root this device is that the Magisk App.
You can flash TWRP when it becomes available. With the support of TWRP Recovery, you will quickly flash a custom ROM into your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus.
Before sharing the tutorial, you’ll want to get a grasp of that, with Magisk present on your device. You’ll easily install any native app. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be briefly explained in bullet points.
Things To Check Out For;
- Check your gadget model number.
- You should Backup your present records and information Full Data Loss Process (spare them on outside capacity).
- Introduce Latest Magisk Manager.
- Ensure your gadget battery is above half
- You can’t utilize Samsung Pay, Secured organizer, and some authority applications from Samsung.
- You can’t refresh your firmware, to get new firmware you need to follow the underneath ventures with the most recent firmware.
- Peruse the full instructional exercise before the procedure.
1. Pre-Requirement Steps
- Empower USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your portable. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times reliably to empower “Developer Options,” at that point go to the “Developer Options” and empower USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus.
- Switch off your gadget. Go into Download Mode-> Volume Down+ Power and Connect your portable with PC utilizing USB Cable. When Download mode cautioning screen Appears, Press Volume Up catch to open Bootloader.
- The above procedure will wipe your client’s information. After arranging your gadget, Please reverify the OEM Unlock in the settings. At times It Will Lock Again.
- Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system
- ODIN software (v3.04, v3.06,v3.07,v3.09,v3.10.5, v3.10.6, v3.11.1 , v3.11.2 ,v3.12.5 ( Nougat Android version), v3.12.7 (Oreo Android version), v3.13.1 (Pie Android version), v3.14.1 (Android 10 version),Modified Odin (Nougat/Oreo/Pie Android version), Prince Comsey Odin (Nougat/Oreo/Pie Android version) ).
- Download OEM Fix, Copy it to Your Phone external Memory. We Need to flash OEM Fix to avoid OEM Lock automatically in the future after the Root process, and Samsung S20 Plus Encryption disabler.zip, Copy it to Your Phone Memory. We Need to flash encryption disabler to avoid Boot Warnings in the future after the Root process.
- Download and save the TWRP get into your PC. Select the proper TWRP file from Below. This TWRP can support Up to Android 10. You’ll be able to choose from One UI, 2.0, and 2.5. once you arrange to update to at least one UI 2.5, you’ll root after updating
2. Flash TWRP Using ODIN
- Connect your USB cable to your PC. Turn off your device. Then enter Download mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power buttons and connect your micro USB Cable.
- Press the Volume Up button to continue after you see the warning message.
- Now, connect your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus mobile phone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Launch the Odin application on your computer. If the device is detected by this app (Odin), it will show you a read message – added!
However, if the device is not connected correctly to your PC, you won’t see this message. So you have to check the USB cable to see if it makes sense and reconnect the device.
- After connecting the Samsung device, click on the PDA / PA button to browse/search and get TWRP from where you saved it on your PC. Alternatively, navigate to “options” and Uncheck Automatically Reboot.
- Click on “Start”
- Once the file is loaded onto the device, Don’t restart your device.
- You just installed TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus. If you have TWRP installed, do not activate your mobile device. Immediately, move on to the steps to install Magisk. You will try this by Pressing Volume Down + Power to exit download mode, then pressing Volume Up + Bixby + Power to enter recovery mode.
3. Install Magisk, Encryption Disabler, and OEM Fix in your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Exynos using TWRP
- Boot it into recovery mode->Volume Up + Bixby+ Power Button.
- Now it Will Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache and User Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select OEM Fix.zip.
- After the installation, it’ll Prompt to Root with Magisk, Select Next until you get the most Menu Screen.
- In Main Menu, Select “Proceed with ROM flasher and Multitool.” Select “Patch for OEM Issue.” We mustn’t Install Magisk Separately. This OEM fix file will Install Magisk.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select no-verity-opt-encrypt.
- You should Install One by One. Don’t add more zips feature in TWRP. After the Installation Reboot Your Mobile.
- You can also install Magisk.apk in your Mobile Application. No-verity-opt-cryptpt is used to avoid the Encryption issue after rooting. You can check your root status with Root Checker.
- If Magisk is not found in the App Drawer, you should repeat the process from OEM repair settings.
In my opinion, you do not need root for your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Android 10 version. If you think that you’ll be able to improve performance by rooting; With the Exynos 990 processor and eight GB RAM, your device can perform well.
If you do not know the way much RAM you wish, you’ll never use that much RAM. It helps if you do not Boot into Normal software Boot, by pressing the ability button after flashing the firmware. It’ll launch you to a non-Root environment.
If you mistakenly urged and boot frequently, Don’t panic; after setup everything, throw your device and boot into Rooted OS using above mentioned keys. If you root your device, due to the battery drain issues, you’ll be able to optimize your battery without root.
Beyond this, if your purpose is to Disable Bloatware apps, you’ll be able to do this without using this method. After you have any suggestions or doubts, comment below.