Those are the times that exist where you have got to Root your mobile after one year to urge back your mobile performance by optimizing manually. But the new Android Mobiles are high in specs, and that they can last long for years without degrading in concert with the assistance of regular software updates. The development of security in Android makes it hard to realize the necessary process. It needs additional steps. Samsung Galaxy M21 comes with already optimized One UI 2.0 supported the Android 10 version. So, within the term for Performance improvement, you don’t need rooting. But once you are a daily Root user, and you wish to root for a particular purpose, you’ll use the below method to Root Samsung Galaxy M21 Android 10 version.
After rooting, you can lose the official updates. You must manually update your mobile phone. So before proceeding with this method, you must know why you want to try it.
So if you are an everyday user, you should be able to work some alternatives for your purpose without rooting. As a daily root user and app developer, you will follow the instructions below to gain your mobile device’s root access.
Should You Need To Root Your Samsung Galaxy M21 Android 10 Version?
Table of contents
- 1 Should You Need To Root Your Samsung Galaxy M21 Android 10 Version?
- 2 How To Root Samsung Galaxy M21 Android 10 One UI 2.0 (SM-M215F)
- 3 What More?
You should have a good reason to root. Samsung M21 has come with One UI 2.0 with Android 10 support and has been optimized. You have quite enough 4-6 GB RAM to use everyday applications without lag for many years. Yes, I know, the RAM might not be enough thanks to the mighty Samsung Customized Operating System.
But One UI is much better than other Custom Skin operating systems. You should be able to use this device without lag for years until Samsung messes with some Bloatware. But beyond that, this is not the reason.
You are obsessed with some native applications. Otherwise, you are a regular user of some custom OS. You will go further. But if you want to root because everyone is doing it, I advise you, don’t root if you don’t have any experience yet. For the casual user, It can become a Nightmare.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy M21 Android 10 One UI 2.0 (SM-M215F)
First of all, thank the developer for the foundational method. Topjohnwu – This genius is the one who discovered and maintained Magisk. The Samsung Galaxy M21 International variants include a versatile bootloader. It means that your smartphone will be rooted easily.
Alternatively, the device can accept the TWRP recovery installation or other custom recovery files/applications. Don’t try the US Snapdragon Variants like Verizon devices. They are available with a locked Bootloader.
But within the method below, we are going to Root this device using Magisk. You’ll install Official TWRP using the official app when it’s released. TWRP recovery could be a custom recovery file that has to be installed on your device since you’ll be able to root them successfully.
We’ve explained the simplest method to follow during this article and install Magisk on Samsung Galaxy M21. However, the necessary tool to root this device is that the Magisk App.
You can flash TWRP when it becomes available. With the support of TWRP Recovery, you will quickly flash the custom ROM into your Samsung Galaxy M21.
Before sharing the tutorial, you’ll want to get a grip on that, with Magisk present on your device. You’ll easily install any native app. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything is briefly explained in bullet points.
Things To Check Out For;
- Check your gadget model number.
- You should Backup your present records and information Full Data Loss Process (spare them on outside capacity).
- Introduce Latest Magisk Manager.
- Ensure your gadget battery is above half
- You can’t utilize Samsung Pay, Secured organizer, and some authority applications from Samsung.
- You can’t refresh your firmware, to get new firmware you need to follow the underneath ventures with the most recent firmware.
- Peruse the full instructional exercise before the procedure.
1. Unlock Bootloader
- Empower USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your portable. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times reliably to empower “Developer Options,” at that point go to the “Developer Options” and empower USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy M21.
- Switch off your gadget. Go into Download Mode-> Volume Down+ Power and Connect your portable with PC utilizing USB Cable. When Download mode cautioning screen Appears, Press Volume Up catch to open Bootloader.
- The above procedure will wipe your client’s information. After arranging your gadget, Please reverify the OEM Unlock in the settings. At times It Will Lock Again.
2. Preparing Patched Boot Image file
- Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
- ODIN software (v3.04, v3.06,v3.07,v3.09,v3.10.5, v3.10.6, v3.11.1 , v3.11.2 ,v3.12.5 ( Nougat Android version), v3.12.7 (Oreo Android version), v3.13.1 (Pie Android version), v3.14.1 (Android 10 version),Modified Odin (Nougat/Oreo/Pie Android version), Prince Comsey Odin (Nougat/Oreo/Pie Android version) ).
- Download Samsung Galaxy M21 Android 10 Firmware and save it on your PC. Your current operating system version and the downloaded AP and CSC version should be the same.
- Download 7Zip-ZS, LZ4, and Install both on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. You will get four files. Click on the AP File and Extract again. You will get some data along with the boot.img.lz4 and vmbeta.img.lz4.
- Copy boot.img.lz4 and vmbeta.img.lz4 into the LZ4 Installed folder. Convert lz4 file to .img file by dragging .img file into lz4 application file. You have to drag the file into that application. The script will automatically convert the file to the .img format. After converting, copy the boot and Vbmeta – img file to your mobile phone.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest Version) or Magisk Canary and Install it on your mobile phone. Open Installed Magisk and select Install in Magisk; it will bring up the zip file and patch boot image file. Select the Boot Image file.
- Navigate to your copied Boot Image File and patch the file.
- Wait for the method to complete. Finally, you will get the patched .tar file. The .tar file will reside in the same directory where you already have the firmware file. Copy magisk_patched.tar file to your PC.
- Once you get the .img file, open the installed 7zip application. Navigate the magisk patched img file and choose Add, Choose .tar format and choose ok. Only convert the boot.img file. After you buy boot.tar, drag the patched Vbmeta.img to boot.tar. We now have the ODIN runnable boot.tar file. In .tar there are two files – boot.img and Vbmeta.img.
3. Flash Patched Boot And Vbmeta Image.tar Using ODIN
- Due to Samsung’s new security restrictions, we can’t flash TWRP with Stock Boot on your mobile. So, we’ve to flash a patched boot using ODIN.
- Unlock your screen lock. There should be no fingerprint, PIN Lock, Wipe. Set No lock within the settings.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Volume Up Buttons and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After going in Download Mode, it’ll say Warning, Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It will show the added message.
- If you do not receive this message, repeat the steps above.
- After selecting the added message, select the AP / PDA button, then select the patched .tar Magisk file. Together with this file, you must select and flash the opposite three unpatched firmware files. We have to shoot the magisk patched boot image file. Uncheck Automatically restart.
- Press Start to predict the tasks to complete. After completing the method, press the Volume Down + Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen explodes, immediately press the Volume Up + Volume Down + Other Sources button enter Recovery mode.
- After going in Stock recovery mode, visit Wipe Data/Factory Reset and choose Yes to wipe data. It’ll erase your saved data in your device. Don’t Boot into OS, Read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot into Rooted OS
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button, release all keys when the Bootloader warning appears. You want to found your device as a brand new one. You’ll be able to choose a root status using Root Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button, release the keys while you hold the Volume Up key.
- You should see Magisk Manager in your Apps drawer. If you can’t find the app, you can install Magisk Manager on your mobile device.
In my opinion, you must not root your Samsung Galaxy M21. If you think that you’ll be able to improve performance by rooting; With Exynos 9611 Octa-Core processor and 4-6 GB RAM, your device can perform well.
If you do not know the way much RAM you wish, you’ll never use that much RAM. You must not Boot into Normal package Boot, by pressing the facility button, after the firmware flashes. It’ll launch you to a non-Root environment.
After you accidentally get prompted and boot regularly, don’t panic, after setting everything up, shut down your device and boot into the Rooted OS using the keys mentioned above. If you root your device, thanks to the battery drain issue, you’ll optimize it without rooting. Alternatively, if your purpose is to Disable Bloatware applications, you’ll be able to the couple without using this method. After you have any suggestions or doubts, Be happy to comment below.