Samsung Galaxy M series is targeted on both Budget Advertising Specifications. Today, Samsung focuses not only on hardware but also in making many changes in the OS with the new One UI Pie 9.0. Samsung Galaxy M20 also received this upgrade. The top devices have some exclusive features in this new version. But, all mobile phones come under the hood of this new user interface. You will always try to update using Options in settings.
Along with well-optimized mobile specifications and software, you don’t need root. If you are a daily user and need to use some necessary root applications, you will also use them without root using some emulators. But, if you realize the purpose and the reason significantly, you will root Samsung Galaxy M20 Pie 9.0.
After rooting, you will not receive the official update from Samsung. I try my best to simplify this tutorial. But, I can skip the critical steps.
If you are a Developer or regular root user, you will follow the instructions below to recognize root on our mobile phones. Never flash TWRP directly on your mobile phone.
It will soften your device. If your purpose is to disable bloatware applications, you will try this without rooting your device. I have added the link to the current guide at the beginning of this text.
Why Should You Root Samsung Galaxy M20 Pie 9.0?
Table of contents
- 1 Why Should You Root Samsung Galaxy M20 Pie 9.0?
- 2 How To Root Samsung Galaxy M20 Pie 9.0 (SM-M205F, SM-M205FN, SM-M205G, SM-M205M)
- 3 What More?
It would be best if you had a robust reason for rooting. Samsung Already released One UI 9.0 Pie and is already optimized.
You’ve got over Enough 3/4 GB RAM to use daily apps without Lag for years. Yes, I Know, 3 GB RAM isn’t enough during this modern Android world.
But, Trust me, One UI is way better than other Custom Skin OS. You’ll use this device without Lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware. But beyond, this not go reasons.
You’re obsessed with some root apps. Otherwise, you are a frequent user of some Custom OS. You’ll be able to proceed further.
But if you would like to root because everybody is doing, I counsel you, don’t root If you didn’t have any experience. For regular users, It can become a Nightmare.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy M20 Pie 9.0 (SM-M205F, SM-M205FN, SM-M205G, SM-M205M)
In the method below, we are accessing this device Root using Magisk and TWRP. You will be able to install the official TWRP using the Official App once it is released. TWRP recovery can be a custom recovery file that must be installed on Samsung Galaxy devices because you will root them successfully.
In this article, we explained the simplest method to track and install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy M20. However, the tool needed to root this device is the Magisk App.
With the support of TWRP Recovery, you will quickly flash the latest Magisk version to M20 to realize root access. Before sharing the tutorial.
You’ll want to understand that, with the TWRP recovery available on your device, you’ll easily install any custom ROM or firmware. Seems complicated? Relax, everything will be explained briefly in bullets.
Things To Check Out For;
- Check your gadget model number.
- You should Backup your present records and information Full Data Loss Process (spare them on outside capacity).
- Introduce Latest Magisk Manager.
- Ensure your gadget battery is above half
- You can’t utilize Samsung Pay, Secured organizer, and some authority applications from Samsung.
- You can’t refresh your firmware, to get new firmware you need to follow the underneath ventures with the most recent firmware.
- Peruse the full instructional exercise before the procedure.
- Empower USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your portable. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times reliably to empower “Developer Options,” at that point go to the “Developer Options” and empower USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy M20.
- Switch off your gadget. Go into Download Mode-> Volume Down+ Power and Connect your portable with PC utilizing USB Cable. When Download mode cautioning screen Appears, Press Volume Up catch to open Bootloader.
- The above procedure will wipe your client’s information. After arranging your gadget, Please reverify the OEM Unlock in the settings. At times It Will Lock Again.
Preparing Patched Boot Image File
- Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
- ODIN software (v3.04, v3.06,v3.07,v3.09,v3.10.5, v3.10.6, v3.11.1 , v3.11.2 ,v3.12.5 ( Nougat Android version), v3.12.7 (Oreo Android version), v3.13.1 (Pie Android version), v3.14.1 (Android 10 version),Modified Odin (Nougat/Oreo/Pie Android version), Prince Comsey Odin (Nougat/Oreo/Pie Android version) ).
- Download Samsung Galaxy M20 Firmware (SM-M205F, SM-M205FN, SM-M205G,SM-M205M) and save it on your PC. Your current operating system version and AP and CSC download version must be the same.
- Download forced_encryption_disabler, RMM State Bypass, Copy it to Your SD Card Memory. We Need to flash RMM State to avoid OEM Lock automatically in the future after the Root process, and no-verity-opt-encrypt (v3.1 (Direct Mirror / AFH Mirror),v3.2 (Direct Mirror / AFH Mirror),v4.0 (Direct Mirror / AFH Mirror),v4.1 (Direct Mirror / AFH Mirror),v5.0 (Direct Mirror / AFH Mirror),v5.1 (Direct Mirror / AFH Mirror),v6.0 (Direct Mirror / AFH Mirror),v6.1 (Direct Mirror /Direct Mirror 2 / AFH Mirror),no-verity-opt-encrypt Latest), Copy it to Your Phone Memory. We Need to flash encryption disabler to avoid Boot Warnings in the future after the Root process. Copy all these files to the external SD Card.
- You should download the TWRP file from below. If you want Custom Recovery to follow this step, otherwise, you can skip it. Copy this file to your PC to flash with ODIN.
- Download 7Zip-ZS, LZ4, and Install both on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. You will get four files. Click on the AP File and Extract again. You will get some data along with the boot.img.lz4.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) or Magisk canary and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and Select Install in Magisk; it will ask For zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the Boot Image file.
- Navigate to your copied Boot Image File and patch the file.
- Wait for the method to complete. Finally, you will get the patched .tar file. The .tar file will reside in the same directory where you already have the firmware file. Copy magisk_patched.tar file to your PC.
Step 1: Flash Patched Boot Image Using ODIN
- Turn off your mobile phone. Go to Download mode-> Volume down button and connect your mobile phone to PC via USB cable, after the Samsung logo appears, release all keys.
- After entering the Download Mode, it will alert, press the Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you may not receive this message, Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button, then Browse for the patched Magisk .tar file select it. Together with this file, you ought to select and flash the opposite three non-patched firmware files. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start watch for the tasks to complete. After the method complete, Press Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen pops, Immediately Press Volume Up + Power buttons else into Recovery mode.
- After stepping into Stock recovery mode, head to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and choose Yes to wipe data. It’ll erase your saved data in your device. Don’t Boot into OS, Read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot Into Rooted OS
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. You have got to line up your device sort of a new device. You’ll check the basis status using the basis Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release keys while you hold the Volume Up key.
- You will see Magisk Manager in your App cabinet. On the off chance that you can’t discover the application, you can introduce Magisk Manager on your versatile.
Step 2: Flash TWRP Using ODIN
- Connect your USB cable with PC. Flip your device. Then, enter into Download mode. To do this, press and hold down the degree Down + Volume Up+ Power button and connect your micro USB Cable.
- Press the Volume Up button to continue once you see the warning message.
- Now, connect the Samsung Galaxy M20 mobile to the pc via USB cable.
- Launch the Odin app on your computer. If the device is detected by this app (Odin), it’ll show you a message that reads – added.
- However, if the device is not correctly connected to the PC, you will win this message. Therefore, you must check the USB cable if it is reasonable and reconnect the device.
- After connecting the Samsung device, click on the PDA/PA button to browse/search and find the TWRP from where you saved it. Also, navigate to “options” and Un-tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Click on “Start”
Once the file is loaded into the device, reboot your device.
- Kudos, you have just installed TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy M20. If you already have TWRP installed, Don Please turn on your phone. Immediately, move to the steps of Installing Magisk. Press the Volume down button + Power button to exit Download Mode. Short press the Volume up button + Power button.
Install Magisk, no-verity-opt-encrypt, forced_encryption_disabler, and RMM State By-Pass in your Samsung Galaxy M20 using TWRP
- Boot it into recovery mode->Volume Up + Power Button.
- Now it Will Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select forced_encryption_disabler.zip.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install
- Select RMM State By-Pass.zip. Same process on no-verity-opt-encrypt and Magisk installation.
- You should install them one by one. Donath uses the zips feature in TWRP. After installation Restart your mobile.
- You can also install Magisk.apk in your Mobile Applications. No-verity-opt-encrypt is employed to avoid the Encryption issue after rooting. You’ll be able to check your root status using Root Checker.
- What More?
In my opinion, you do not have to root your device for the Samsung Galaxy M20. If you think that you’ll improve performance by root; With Exynos 7904 Octa-Core processor and 3/4 GB RAM, your device can work well.
If you are doing not understand how much RAM you would like, you’ll never use this much RAM. It would be best if you did not boot into the standard package, by pressing the facility button, after flashing the firmware.
It’ll launch you in a non-root environment. If you mistakenly push and boot frequently, Don is panicking after setting everything, shut down your device and boot into the Rooted software package with the keys mentioned above.
If you root your device because of the battery drain, you’ll be able to optimize your battery without rooting. When Bloatware application is your problem, you’ll Disable Bloatware application with ADB command.