Whenever a replacement Android version released, Google and makers add many security measures. It’s best for users. But, Also, it makes it difficult for the developing process from the user side like Rooting and making custom ROMs.
After the Android 10 version thanks to lots of measures from the core side, the same old TWRP method takes too time and complex. Due to the Magisk method, we are able to get root access, and that we don’t need to await the TWRP development.
But, the method has additional steps, and It doesn’t allow us to use Custom ROMs. Samsung Galaxy M20 already got One UI 2.0 based Android 10 update. Your mobile has already optimized OS. If you’re a daily user, You don’t need root to tune manually. After you are a developer or regular root apps user, you’ll use the below method to attain rooting on your mobile.
Why should you Root Samsung Galaxy M20?
Table of contents
- 1 Why should you Root Samsung Galaxy M20?
- 2 How to Root Samsung Galaxy M20 Android 10 One UI 2.0 (SM-M205F, SM-M205FN, SM-M205G, SM-M205M, SM-M205N)
- 3 What More?
You should have a powerful reason for rooting. Samsung Already released One UI 2.0 supported Android 10 and is already optimized.
You have got over Enough 3/4 GB RAM to use daily apps without lag for years. Yes, I Know, RAM maybe feels like not enough due to the Samsung Heavily customized OS.
But, Trust me, One UI is way better than other Custom Skin OS. you’ll be able to use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware.
But beyond, this not go reasons, you’re obsessed on some root apps, otherwise, you are a frequent user of some Custom OS, you’ll be able to proceed further. But if you wish to root because everybody is doing, I counsel you, don’t root If you didn’t have any experience. For normal users, It can become a Nightmare.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M20 Android 10 One UI 2.0 (SM-M205F, SM-M205FN, SM-M205G, SM-M205M, SM-M205N)
First of all, because of the developer for the basic method.Topjohnwu – this genius could be a one who discovered and maintaining Magisk. Samsung Galaxy M20 International variants include a versatile bootloader.
This implies that the smartphone will be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to put in TWRP recovery or the other custom recovery file/app alike.
Don’t try with Snapdragon US Variants like Verizon devices. They are available with a locked Bootloader.
But within the below method, we are visiting Root this device by using Magisk. You’ll be able to install Official TWRP using the official app when it’s released.
TWRP recovery could be a custom recovery file that has to be installed on your devices because you’ll be able to root them successfully. During this article, we explained the simplest method to follow and install Magisk on Samsung Galaxy M20.
However, the tool required for rooting this device is that the Magisk App.
You can flash TWRP once it’s available. With the assistance of TWRP Recovery, you’ll quickly flash the Custom ROMs into your Samsung Galaxy M20.
Before sharing the tutorial, you will want to grasp that, with the Magisk present on your device, you’ll easily install any root apps. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything is explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
- Check your device model number.
- Install the latest Magisk Manager.
- Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
- Backup your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- You cannot use Samsung Pay, Secured folder, and a few official apps from Samsung.
- You can’t update your firmware, to urge new firmware you’ve got to follow the below steps with the newest firmware.
- Read the full tutorial before the process.
Steps required in advance
Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To try and do this; head to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then head to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There’s no complicated process within the Samsung Galaxy M20.
Turn off your device. Enter Download mode-> Volume down + Power and Connect your phone to a PC with a USB cable. When the Download mode warning screen appears, press the Volume up button to unlock the Bootloader.
The above process will wipe your user data. After setup your device, Please recheck the OEM Unlock within the settings. Sometimes it’ll Lock Again.
Preparing Patched Boot Image file
- Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
- Also, download the ODIN software. Select the above Oreo version in the ODIN list. Install ODIN on your PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy M20 Firmware and save it on your PC. Your Current OS version and Downloaded Version AP and CSC should be the Same.
- You can use Phone information to know your firmware version.
Download 7Zip-ZS, LZ4, and Install both on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. You’ll get four files. Click on the AP File and Extract again. You’ll get some data together with the boot.img.lz4.
Copy the boot.img.lz4 to LZ4 Installed folder. Convert lz4 file to .img file by dragging the .img file to the lz4 application file. You have got to tug the file to its application.
The script will automatically convert the file to .img format. After the convert, Copy boot — img file to your mobile.
Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) or Magisk canary and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and choose to Install in Magisk; it’ll arouse zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the Boot Image file.
- Navigate to your copied Boot Image File and patch the file.
- Wait for the method to finish, In the end, you may get Magisk patched .tar file. The .tar file is going to be within the same folder where you’ve got the Stock firmware file. If you didn’t get the .tar and you bought .img file. No problem. Copy this file to your PC. We will convert the info there.
- When you get .img file, Open the installed 7zip app. Navigate the magisk patched img file and choose Add. Choose .tar format and choose ok. Now we got ODIN flashable .tar file.
Flash Patched Boot Image using ODIN
- Due to Samsung’s new security restrictions, we are able to Flash TWRP flash with Stock Boot on your mobile phone. So we flashed a boot patched with ODIN.
- Unlock your screen lock. There should be no fingerprints, PIN Lock, Delete. Set No lock-in settings.
- Turn off your mobile phone. Go to Download-> Volume down button and connect your mobile phone to PC via USB cable, after the Samsung logo appears, release all keys.
- After going in Download Mode, it’ll say Warning, Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you probably did not get this message, Repeat the above steps.
After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button, then Browse for the patched Magisk .tar file select it. Together with this file, you must not select and flash the opposite three non-patched firmware files. We’ve to flash only the magisk patched boot image file. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot.
Press Start stay up for the tasks to complete. After the method complete, Press Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen bangs, Immediately Press Volume Up+ Volume Down + Power buttons in addition to Recovery mode.
After getting in Stock recovery mode, head to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and choose Yes to wipe data. It’ll erase your saved data in your device. Don’t Boot into OS, Read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot into Rooted OS
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. You have got to line up your device sort of a new device. You’ll be able to select the foundation status using the Root Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and hold the Volume Up button + Power button, release the key while you hold the Volume Up key.
- You will see Magisk Manager in your App drawer. If you can’t find the app, you can install Magisk Manager on your mobile.
In my opinion, you don’t need rooting for your Samsung Galaxy M20. If you thought you’ll Improve Performance By root; With the Exynos 7904 Octa-Core processor and 3/4 GB RAM, your device can perform well.
If you don’t understand how much RAM you would like, you may never use this much RAM. You must not Boot into Normal OS Booting, by pressing the ability button, after firmware flash.
It’ll boot you to a Non-Rooted environment. If you by mistake urged and boot frequently, Don’t panic, after setup everything, turn out your device and boot into Rooted OS using above mentioned keys.
If you root your device, thanks to the battery drain issues, you’ll be able to optimize your battery without root.