Samsung Galaxy A51 is exclusive to some regions, Where A71 is obtainable as a world mobile. There are specs difference too between A51 and A71.
Where we will say, A51 may be a mid-range phone, and A71 is an Upper mid-range category. Apart from some specs difference, Both mobiles include One UI 2.0 supported Android 10 version.
After you are an everyday user, with Exynos 9611 processor and minimum of 4 GB RAM, you already on the safe side for some years for basic tasks.
After you have 6 GB RAM, you’re future proof. So, Without having proper reason, don’t root your Samsung Galaxy A51.
This method isn’t supported Custom Recovery like TWRP. So, you can’t install Custom ROMs. After you are an everyday root app user, you’ll follow the below guide to realizing root on your mobile.
Why should you Root Samsung Galaxy A51?
Table of contents
You should have a robust reason for rooting. Your Samsung mobile already has One UI 2.0 Android 10 fo your mobile and is already optimized.
You have got over Enough 4/6 GB RAM to use daily apps without lag for years. Yes, I know, once you run heavy apps, whether or not you have got 4 GB RAM, it maybe sounds like not enough due to the Samsung Heavily customized OS.
But, Trust me, One UI is much better than other Custom Skin OS. You’ll be able to use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware.
But beyond, this not go reasons, you’re enthusiastic about some root apps, otherwise, you are a frequent user of some Custom OS, you’ll be able to proceed further. But if you wish to root because everybody is doing, I counsel you, don’t root.
If you didn’t have any experience. For normal users, It can become a Nightmare.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A51 Android 10 One UI 2 (SM-A515F)
First of all, because of BK – XDA developer for the foundation method and Topjohnwu – this genius may be a one who discovered and maintaining Magisk. Samsung Galaxy A51 International variants include a versatile bootloader.
It implies that the smartphone will be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to put in TWRP recovery or the other custom recovery file/app alike.
Don’t try with Snapdragon US Variants like Verizon devices. They are available with a locked Bootloader.
But within the below method, we are visiting Root this device by using Magisk. You’ll be able to install Official TWRP using the official app when it’s released.
TWRP recovery maybe a custom recovery file that has got to be installed on your devices because you’ll be able to root them successfully. During this article, we explained the best method to follow and install Magisk on Samsung Galaxy A51.
However, the tool required for rooting this device is that the Magisk App.
You can flash TWRP once it’s available. With the assistance of TWRP Recovery, you’ll be able to quickly flash the Custom ROMs into your Samsung Galaxy A51.
Before sharing the tutorial, you’ll want to grasp that, with the Magisk present on your device, you’ll be able to easily install any root apps. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything is explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
- Check your device model number.
- Install the latest Magisk Manager.
- Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
- Backup your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- You cannot use Samsung Pay, Secured folder, and a few official apps from Samsung.
- You can’t update your firmware, to urge new firmware you’ve got to follow the below steps with the newest firmware.
- Read the full tutorial before the process.
1. Unlock Bootloader
- Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To try to do this; attend settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then attend the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock and Enable the ‘Advanced Reboot.’ There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy A51.
- Switch off your device. Enter into Download Mode-> Volume Up+Volume Down and Connect your mobile with PC using USB Cable. When Download mode warning screen Appears, Press Volume Up button to unlock Bootloader.
- The above process will wipe your User Data. After Setup your device, Please recheck the OEM Unlock in the settings. Sometimes It Will Lock Again.
2. Necessary Download Files
- Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
- Also, download the ODIN software. Select the above Oreo version in the ODIN list. Install ODIN on your PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy A51 Firmware and save it on your PC. Your Current OS version and Downloaded Version AP and CSC should be the Same.
- You can use Phone Info to know your firmware version.
- Download 7Zip-ZS, LZ4, and Install both on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. you may get four files. Copy the AP.tar.md5 to LZ4 Installed folder. Convert .tar file to .img file. After the convert, Copy .img file to your mobile.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) or Magisk canary and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and choose to Install in Magisk; it’ll arouse zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the Boot Image file.
- Navigate to your copied Boot Image File and patch the file.
- Wait for the method to finish, In the end, you may get magisk patched .tar file. The .tar file is going to be within the same folder where you have got the Stock firmware file.
- Copy magisk_patched.tar file to your PC.
Flash Patched Boot Image using ODIN
- Due to Samsung’s new security restrictions, we can’t flash TWRP with Stock Boot on your mobile. So, we have to flash a patched boot using ODIN.
- Unlock your screen lock. There should be no fingerprints, PIN Lock, Delete. Set No lock-in settings.
- Turn off your mobile phone. Go to Download-> Volume down button and connect your mobile phone to PC via USB cable, after the Samsung logo appears, release all keys.
- After going in Download Mode, it’ll say Warning, Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you probably did not get this message, Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button, then Browse for the patched Magisk .tar file select it. Together with this file, you must not select and flash the opposite three non-patched firmware files. Flash only AP file. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start sit up for the tasks to complete. After the method complete, Press Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen bangs, Immediately Press Volume Up+ Volume Down+ Power buttons besides into Recovery mode.
- After stepping into Stock recovery mode, visit Wipe Data/Factory Reset and choose Yes to wipe data. It’ll erase your saved data in your device. Don’t Boot into OS, Read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot into Rooted OS
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. You’ve got to line up your device sort of a new device. You’ll be able to select the foundation status using the Root Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release keys while you hold the Volume Up key.
- You will see Magisk Manager in your App drawer. If you can’t find the app, you can install Magisk Manager on your mobile.
In my opinion, you don’t need rooting for your Samsung Galaxy A51. If you thought you may Improve Performance By Root;
With the Exynos 9611 processor and 4-6 GB RAM, your device can perform well. If you don’t know the way much RAM you wish, you may never use this much RAM.
You must not Boot into Normal OS Booting, by pressing the ability button, after firmware flash. It’ll boot you to a Non-Rooted environment.
If you mistakenly urged and boot frequently, don’t panic, after setup everything, cut your device and boot into Rooted OS using above mentioned keys. If you root your device, due to the battery drain issues, you’ll be able to optimize your battery without root.
Beyond this, if your purpose is to Disable Bloatware apps, you’ll be able to do this without using this method.