LG G3 comes with a KitKat version. It received Two Major upgrades from LG.
After Marshmallow 6.0 version, LG stopped major upgrades and security patch updates. Most of the people that bought this mobile use this as either a primary or secondary device.
If you root your mobile, you’ll flash Custom ROMs. There are some official Custom ROMs that also are available.
In Specific Lineage OS 16.0 supported Pie 9.0 version available for this device. Official release means you’ll receive regular patch updates and Major upgrades.
There are two methods available during this process. you’ll use the LG One Click Tool or TWRP method. If you utilize the TWRP method, after the primary boot, you must Install Magisk. once you use the LG One Click Tool method, you’ll use the default SuperSU, otherwise, you can replace Magisk.
Why Should You Root LG G3?
Table of contents
- 1 Why Should You Root LG G3?
- 1.1 How to Root LG G3 Marshmallow 6.0 (D855 (Europe), D850 (AT&T), D851 (T-Mobile), D852 (Canada), LS990 (Sprint), US990 (US-Cellular), VS985 (Verizon Wireless), Unlocked)
- 1.2 Things to check out for;
- 1.3 Pre-Requirement Steps
- 1.4 Method 1: Flash TWRP and SuperSu using LG One Click Tool
- 1.5 Method 2: Flash TWRP using ADB and Fastboot
- 1.6 Install Latest TWRP Using the Flashify app (Optional)
- 1.7 Install Magisk on your LG G3 using TWRP
- 2 What More?
We appreciate the diligence of the TWRP team and XDA Developer- Avicohh. Without them, this Root method isn’t possible.
Your mobile contains a minimum of two GB of RAM. it’s enough for normal usage. But, LG stopped Security patch updates.
Also, it’s supported Old OS, So we can’t expect Many optimizations. it’s a Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 processor. So, If we Install Custom ROM, we will expect some Improvements.
Due to Poor RAM Management in Old device, you’ll feel laggy. If we optimize correctly with correct Custom OS after rooting, we will see some Improvements.
So, after root, I can expect a Lag-free experience? Probably. Also, if we hibernate and eliminate lots of unwanted apps and optimize some apps, your device is hardware limited.
But, within these limits, we will enhance the performance by 20-30% compared together with your old usage. If you utilize Lite weight Custom ROMs, you’ll be able to expect a 40-80% improvement in performance supported what custom OS you’re choosing.
How to Root LG G3 Marshmallow 6.0 (D855 (Europe), D850 (AT&T), D851 (T-Mobile), D852 (Canada), LS990 (Sprint), US990 (US-Cellular), VS985 (Verizon Wireless), Unlocked)
LG G3 International Variants comes with a versatile bootloader apart from some locked devices. Example- In Samsung, Verizon mobiles include a locked Bootloader.
We are able to Unlock your Bootloader using the script. This suggests that different smartphone variants are often easily rooted.
Also, the device can accept to put in TWRP recovery or the other custom recovery file/app alike.
TWRP recovery maybe a custom recovery file that has got to be installed on your devices because you’ll be able to root them successfully. During this article, we explained the best method to follow and install TWRP recovery on LG G3.
However, the tool required for rooting this device is that the Magisk App.
With the assistance of TWRP Recovery, you’ll quickly flash the most recent version of Magisk into your LG G3 to achieve root access. Before sharing the tutorial, you’ll want to grasp that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you’ll easily install any custom ROM or firmware.
Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything is going to be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
- Make sure your device battery percentage above 50%
- Backup your current files and data, full data loss process (save them on external storage).
- This method will Unlock your Bootloader.
- You should not disconnect your mobile during the full process.
- Don’t close the LG One Click Tool, If you choose Method 1. It should run until the method done.
- You should use a Laptop or Power Backup PC. The method shouldn’t be interrupted within the middle.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. to try to do this; visit settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then visit the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock. There’s no complicated process within the LG G3.
- Download the ADB drivers and LG USB Driver. Install both files on your PC.
Method 1: Flash TWRP and SuperSu using LG One Click Tool
- Download LG One Click Root v1.2 / Mirror and save it on your PC. Extract the file. Install the data on your PC.
- Open One-Click Tool. Connect your mobile to PC using USB Cable.
- After you get the “Device detected” message, the SuperSu Script should run within some minutes. If the script didn’t run, Unplug your mobile and restart the entire process.
- The script will install SuperSu on your mobile successfully after the flash follows on-screen Instructions.
- Press ctrl+c and kind “N” and press enter to Reboot your mobile.
- You will be booted into Recovery mode. The app already pushed the SuperSu file. So, there’s no have to transfer the info on your own.
- After booting into TWRP, Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Select-> Backup ->Take complete Backup.
- After the Successful Backup, return to the house of TWRP and choose “Reboot System.” Now you’ve got rooted mobile with the SuperSu app. If you would like to put in Magisk, move to the below steps. If you’re satisfied with the SuperSu app, you’ll be able to ignore the below step.
Method 2: Flash TWRP using ADB and Fastboot
- Download TWRP Official File (AT&T, Canada, Korea F400, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon).You should select the newest TWRP file as per your carrier. Copy this file to ADB and fastboot folder.
- Switch off your mobile. Connect mobile with PC using USB Cable.
- Press Volume Up+ Power Button to enter into Download Mode.
- Launch a prompt and enter the subsequent commands one by one.
- adb shell
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
adb reboot recovery
- Don’t boot into the quality OS. Move to Magisk Installation steps.
Install Latest TWRP Using the Flashify app (Optional)
- If you would like the most recent version of TWRP, you’ll install the file using the below method. If you are feeling you’re happy with the Old version, you’ll ignore this step.
- Download Flashify Apk.
- Download TWRP Official File.
- Open the Flashify app and Install the TWRP. Don’t Boot into recovery using Flashify app. Switch off your mobile and boot using Volume Down+ Power Button keys. You should not boot into your mobile until Magisk installation using TWRP.
Install Magisk on your LG G3 using TWRP
- Download Magisk.Zip (Latest Version) and Copy it to Your External SD card storage.
- Switch off your mobile. Boot into recovery mode-> Volume Down + Power Button.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Magisk.Zip.
- After the Successful Installation, Reboot your mobile.
- You can also install Magisk Manager in your Mobile Applications If you can’t find the Magisk app in the App Drawer. Install a Root checker to verify your Root Status.
- Uninstall SuperSu app If you root with Method 1. If you employ Both the Magisk and SuperSu, It can cause some trouble.
LG G3 includes a minimum of two GB RAM, and it’s a Flagship phone when it’s released. Now it may be a decent Mid-Range phone during this latest Android World;
The RAM is quite enough. If you don’t know the way much RAM you would like, Nowadays, 3 GB RAM is enough for normal usage.
There’ll be no Regular Major updates and monthly updates from LG for a protracted time. Compare it with Old devices. Some models are still receiving updates.
So, you recognize what you’re doing and also the real purpose, you’ll be able to root your device. By rooting and flashing custom ROM, you’ll be able to use New Android versions with none lag issues.