LG G2 is a crucial mobile for LG. After this mobile success, plenty of individuals move to the current Manufacturer.
If this mobile is in condition, it’ll be either a Primary phone or a secondary phone for many of the people. It’s like having a replacement Mid-range phone now.
But, the matter is Software. It comes with the KitKat version.
LG Stopped Major upgrades after the Lollipop version. If we flash Custom ROM, we are able to expect plenty of Improvements in Performance and UI.
You must have Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your mobile. Within the right side, there’s the official version of the Lineage OS 16.0 version available.
The advantage of the official version is it’s free from significant bugs. And Also it’ll receive regular patch updates.
There are lots of methods that are available to root your mobile. Here I provided a simplified version of this process. All Carriers, including USA and Canada versions, are often rooted using this method.
Why Should You Root LG G2?
Table of contents
- 1 Why Should You Root LG G2?
- 2 How To Root LG G2 Lollipop 5.0.2 (D800 (AT&T), D802 (Europe), D801 (T-Mobile), D802TA (Australia), D803 (Canada), VS980 (Verizon); LS980 (Sprint), Unlocked)
- 3 What More?
We appreciate the diligence of the TWRP team and XDA Developer- Avicohh. Without them, this Root method isn’t possible. Your mobile has 2 GB of RAM. It’s enough for normal usage.
But, LG stopped Security patch updates. Also, it’s supported Old OS, So we can’t expect Many optimizations. It’s a Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 processor. So, If we Install Custom ROM, we will expect some Improvements.
Due to Poor RAM Management in Old device, you may feel laggy. If we optimize correctly with correct Custom OS after rooting, we will see some Improvements.
So, after rooting, I can expect a Lag-free experience? Probably. Also, if we hibernate and eliminate lots of unwanted apps and optimize some apps, your device is hardware limited.
But, within these limits, we will enhance the performance by 20-30% compared together with your old usage. If you employ Lite weight Custom ROMs, you’ll be able to expect a 40-80% improvement in performance supported what custom OS you’re choosing.
How To Root LG G2 Lollipop 5.0.2 (D800 (AT&T), D802 (Europe), D801 (T-Mobile), D802TA (Australia), D803 (Canada), VS980 (Verizon); LS980 (Sprint), Unlocked)
LG G2 International Variants comes with a versatile bootloader aside from some locked devices. Example- In Samsung, Verizon mobiles include a locked Bootloader.
We are able to Unlock your Bootloader using the script. This suggests that different smartphone variants will be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to put in TWRP recovery or the other custom recovery file/app alike.
TWRP recovery maybe a custom recovery file that must be installed on your devices because you’ll root them successfully. During this article, we explained the best method to follow and install TWRP recovery on LG G2.
However, the tool required for rooting this device is that the Magisk App.
With the assistance of TWRP Recovery, you’ll quickly flash the most recent version of Magisk into your LG G2 to realize root access. Before sharing the tutorial, you’ll want to understand that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you’ll easily install any custom ROM or firmware.
Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything is going to be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
- Make sure your device battery percentage above 50%
- Backup your current files and data, full data loss process (save them on external storage).
- This method will Unlock your Bootloader.
- You should not disconnect your mobile during the full process.
- Don’t close the LG One Click Tool, If you choose Method 1. It should run until the method done.
- You should use a Laptop or Power Backup PC. The method shouldn’t be interrupted within the middle.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. to try to do this; visit settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then visit the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock. There’s no complicated process within the LG G2.
- Download the ADB drivers and LG USB Driver. Install both files on your PC.
- Download LG One Click Root v1.2 / Mirror and save it on your PC. Extract the file. Install the data on your PC.
Flash TWRP and SuperSu using LG One Click Tool
Open One-Click Tool. Connect your mobile to PC using USB Cable.
- After you get the “Device detected” message, the SuperSu Script should run within some minutes. If the script didn’t run, Unplug your mobile and restart the full process.
- The script will install SuperSu on your mobile successfully after the flash follows on-screen Instructions.
- Press ctrl+c and kind “N” and press enter to Reboot your mobile.
- You will be booted into Recovery mode. The app already pushed the SuperSu file. So, there’s no have to transfer the info on your own.
- After booting into TWRP, Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Select-> Backup ->Take complete Backup.
- After the Successful Backup, return to the house of TWRP and choose “Reboot System.” Now you’ve got rooted mobile with the SuperSu app. If you would like to put in Magisk, move to the below steps. If you’re satisfied with the SuperSu app, you’ll be able to ignore the below step.
Install Latest TWRP Using the Flashify app (Optional)
- If you would like the most recent version of TWRP, you’ll be able to install the file using the below method. If you’re feeling you’re comfortable with the old version, you’ll be able to ignore this step.
- Download Flashify Apk.
- Download TWRP Official File (AT&T, Canada, Korea F320K, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon), D802.
- Open the Flashify app and Install the TWRP. Don’t Boot into recovery using Flashify app. Throw your mobile and Boot using Volume Up+ Power Button keys. You ought to not boot into your mobile until all the mandatory files installation using TWRP.
Install Magisk on your LG G2 using TWRP
- Download Magisk.Zip (Latest Version) and Copy it to Your External SD card storage.
- Switch off your mobile. Boot into recovery mode-> Volume Down + Power Button.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Magisk.Zip.
- After the Successful Installation, Reboot your mobile.
- You can also install Magisk Manager in your Mobile Applications If you can’t find the Magisk app in the App Drawer. Install a Root checker to verify your Root Status.
- Uninstall SuperSu app. If you use Both the Magisk and SuperSu, It can make some trouble.
LG G2 contains a minimum of two GB RAM, and it’s a Flagship phone when it’s released. Now it may be a decent Mid-Range phone during this latest Android World;
The RAM is over enough. If you don’t know the way much RAM you wish, Nowadays 3 GB RAM is enough for normal usage.
There’ll be no Regular Major updates and monthly updates, from LG for a protracted time. Compare it with Old devices, Some models still receiving updates.
So, you recognize what you’re doing, and therefore the real purpose, you’ll be able to root your device. By rooting and flashing custom ROM, you’ll be able to use New Android versions, with none lag issues.