When you bought Snapdragon variants in Samsung Galaxy devices, you’ll expect extraordinary performance, But when it’s coming to developing methods like Rooting, you may be more restricted. That’s why Snapdragon processor devices get late rooting ways, or they’re going to include limited features.
But, Chinese variants are different. Here I discussed the foundation method for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and therefore the Plus Variant Snapdragon Pie 9.0 versions.
Please consult with the model number (N9700 and N9750 only); This method won’t work with the US variants.
In my opinion, you must have a powerful reason for rooting. Compare with the Magisk based approach, this method is straightforward and provides you full freedom to use Custom ROMs.
But Performance is your concern. you’ve got a well-optimized device already. After Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10, you may lose official updates from Samsung.
So, If you’re a daily user, and you recognize what you’re doing, you’ll proceed. When anything goes wrong, no problem, you’ll restore your mobile by flashing the firmware using ODIN.
If you’re a Developer or Regular Root apps user, the nice news is we’ve TWRP. So you’ll try multiple Custom ROMs and might reach all Root levels.
But, you can’t root like Old method. We want to unlock the bootloader. It’s only 1 extra step.
So, to scale back confusion, I split the Steps into small parts. The primary one is that the Unlock Bootloader.
And therefore the second is flashing TWRP and installing files using TWRP. The strategy is predicated on Official TWRP so we will expect a high success rate.
Why Should You Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 And Note 10 Plus?
Table of contents
- 1 Why Should You Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 And Note 10 Plus?
- 2 How to Install TWRP on and Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Plus Snapdragon SM-N9700/N9750 Pie 9.0 using Magisk
- 3 What More?
You should have a powerful reason for rooting. Samsung Already released One UI 9.0 Pie and is already optimized.
You have got over Enough 8/12 GB RAM and Powerful Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 processor to use daily apps without Lag. You’ll use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware.
But beyond, this not go reasons, you’re smitten by some root apps, otherwise, you are a frequent user of some Custom OS, you’ll proceed further. But if you would like to root because everybody is doing, I counsel you, don’t root If you didn’t have any experience.
For normal users, It can become a Nightmare.
How to Install TWRP on and Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Plus Snapdragon SM-N9700/N9750 Pie 9.0 using Magisk
First of all, because of muso – XDA Senior developer for locating this fashion. Additional to the current, we must always thank XDA Developers- Topjohnwu (For Magisk- this genius may be a one who discovered and maintaining Magisk) and PiCkLeS for exploring the TWRP installing steps.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Snapdragon Chinese variants include a versatile bootloader. This suggests that the smartphone are often easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to put in TWRP recovery or the other custom recovery file/app alike.
Don’t try with Snapdragon US Variants like Verizon devices. They are available with a heavily locked Bootloader.
But within the below method, we are visiting Root this device by using TWRP, then we are visiting install Magisk and other files. Before this, all told Samsung devices, we Install TWRP first and Install Magisk used.
We do the identical here. I do know sometimes we used Magisk only method.
But, Now We got official working TWRP. You’ll install TWRP using the official App after root to urge regular updates.
TWRP recovery could be a custom recovery file that has got to be installed on Samsung Galaxy devices because you’ll root them successfully. During this article, we explained the simplest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus.
However, the tool required for rooting this device is that the TWRP and Magisk App.
With the assistance of TWRP Recovery, you’ll be able to quickly flash the newest version of Magisk into your Note 10 Plus to realize root access. Before sharing the tutorial, you’ll want to grasp that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you’ll be able to easily install any custom ROM or firmware.
Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything is explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
- Check your device model number.
- Install the latest Magisk Manager.
- Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
- Backup your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- Read the full tutorial before the process.
- You cannot use Samsung Pay, Secured folder, and some official apps from Samsung.
Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
- Also, download the ODIN software. Select the above Oreo version within the ODIN list. Install ODIN on your PC.
- You need three files- TWRP, Kernel, and Encryption. supported your model number, select the TWRP and Kernel. Magisk and DM-verity-Encrypt are identical for both model numbers.
- Download TWRP_N9700_3.3.1-9.tar/ TWRP_N9750_3.3.1-9.tar and copy it on your PC.
- Download WETA_Kernel_N9700_2.1_SJ5.zip/ WETA_Kernel_N9750_2.1_SJ5.zip, Magisk.Zip (Latest Version) and Disable-Dm-Verity-ForceEncrypt.zip copy it on your PenDrive With Type-C OTG Cable. You can refer to the uses of OTG. (Plus variant have SD card, so, you can prefer external SD Card)
- Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To try to do this; attend settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then attend the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock and Enable the ‘Advanced Reboot.’ There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus.
- Switch off your device. Enter into Download Mode-> Volume Up+Volume Down and Connect your mobile with PC using USB Cable. When Download mode warning screen Appears, Press Volume Up button to unlock Bootloader.
- The above process will wipe your User Data. After Setup your device, Please recheck the OEM Unlock within the settings. Sometimes it’ll Lock Again.
Flash TWRP using ODIN
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Volume Up Buttons and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After going in Download Mode, it’ll say Warning, Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you did not get this message Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button, then Browse for the Firmware file selects it. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start wait for the tasks to complete. After the process complete, Press Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen goes off, Immediately Press Volume Up + Power buttons to boot into Recovery mode.
- After getting in TWRP recovery mode, move to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and choose Yes to wipe data. It’ll erase your saved data in your device. Don’t Boot into OS, within the TWRP menu, Advanced->Reboot> Recovery.
Install Magisk, Kernel, and encryption in your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus using TWRP
- Insert Your Pendrive with OTG Cable. Plus variant doesn’t need Pendrive, because we saved the files in SD Card.
- If you didn’t reboot to recovery using the menu, you may use physical keys. Boot it into recovery mode->Volume Up + Power Button.
- Now it Will Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Kernel.zip.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select encrypt.zip. Same process on Magisk.zip installation.
- You should Install One by One. Don’t use the “Add more zips” feature in TWRP. After the Installation Reboot Your Mobile.
- If you didn’t find Magisk in App Drawer, after the reboot, you’ll also install Magisk.apk in your Mobile Applications. Encryption disabler is employed to avoid the Encryption issue after rooting. You’ll check your root status using Root Checker.
In my opinion, you don’t need rooting for your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. If you thought you may Improve Performance By root;
With the Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 Octa-Core processor and 8/12 GB RAM, your device can perform well. If you don’t know the way much RAM you would like, you may never use this much RAM.
You ought to not Boot into Normal OS Booting, by pressing the ability button, after the Twrp flash. If you by mistake urged and boot into the regular OS, Don’t panic, after setup everything, flash TWRP again using ODIN.
If you root your device, due to the battery drain issues, you’ll optimize your battery without root. When Bloatware apps are your problem, you’ll Disable Bloatware apps using ADB commands.