Samsung Galaxy Xcover series are employed in enterprise-level where you’ve got to cater to the tough environment. That’s why whether or not they need Mid-range specs, they’re IP certified.
After One UI Update Samsung extended this UI to any or all devices the maximum amount as possible. Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s also received Pie 9.0 based One UI Upgrade.
Samsung tried its best to Optimize this OS. Thanks to Samsung’s latest security measures, the basic process needs some new and different Approaches. So, If you’re a daily user, I counsel you to remain with the official version.
After Root Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s, you may not get the official updates from Samsung. Also, This method isn’t supported TWRP.
So, You can’t Install Custom ROMs. Unless you’ve got a particular reason for Rooting, don’t try this.
Once you are a Developer or Regular Root apps user, you recognize what you’re visiting do. Follow the steps below to realize the root of your mobile.
Why Should You Root Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s?
Table of contents
- 1 Why Should You Root Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s?
- 2 How To Root Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s Pie 9.0 (SM-G398F, SM-G398FN)
- 3 What More?
You should have a robust reason for rooting. Samsung Already released One UI 9.0 Pie and is already optimized.
You have got over Enough 3 GB RAM to use daily apps without Lag for years. Yes, I Know, RAM maybe seems like not enough thanks to the Samsung Heavily customized OS.
But, Trust me, One UI is much better than other Custom Skin OS. You’ll be able to use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware.
But beyond, this not go reasons, you’re keen about some root apps, otherwise, you are a frequent user of some Custom OS, you’ll be able to proceed further. But if you would like to root because everybody is doing, I counsel you, don’t root If you didn’t have any experience.
For normal users, It can become a Nightmare.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s Pie 9.0 (SM-G398F, SM-G398FN)
First of all, because of Diamonds8 – XDA developer for the foundation method and Topjohnwu – this genius may be a one who discovered and maintaining Magisk. Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s International variants include a versatile bootloader.
This implies that the smartphone may be easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to put in TWRP recovery or the other custom recovery file/app alike.
Don’t try with Snapdragon US Variants like Verizon devices. They are available with a locked Bootloader.
But within the below method, we are visiting Root this device by using Magisk. You’ll install Official TWRP using the official App when it’s released.
TWRP recovery maybe a custom recovery file that has got to be installed on your devices because you’ll root them successfully. During this article, we explained the best method to follow and install Magisk on Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s.
However, the tool required for rooting this device is that the Magisk App.
You can flash TWRP once it’s available. With the assistance of TWRP Recovery, you’ll be able to quickly flash the Custom ROMs into your Samsung XCover 4s.
Before sharing the tutorial, you will want to understand that, with the Magisk present on your device, you’ll be able to easily install any root apps. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything is explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
- Check your device model number.
- Install the latest Magisk Manager.
- Make sure your device battery is charged above 50%
- Backup your current files and data- Full Data Loss Process (save them on external storage).
- Read the full tutorial before the process.
Preparing Patched Boot Image file
- Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system.
- Also, download the ODIN software. Select the above Oreo version in the ODIN list. Install ODIN on your PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s Firmware and save it on your PC. Your Current OS version and Downloaded Version AP and CSC should be the Same.
- Download 7Zip-ZS, LZ4, and Install both on your PC. Extract the files in downloaded firmware using 7Zip-ZS. You’ll get four files. Click on the AP File and Extract again. You’ll get some files together with the boot.img.lz4. Copy the boot.img.lz4 to LZ4 Installed folder. Convert lz4 file to .img file. After the convert, Copy boot — img file to your mobile.
- Download Magisk Manager (Download Latest version) or Magisk canary and Install it on your mobile. Open Installed Magisk and choose to Install in Magisk; It’ll invite zip file and Patch Boot Image File. Select the Boot Image file.
- Navigate to your copied Boot Image File and patch the file.
- Wait for the method to finish, In the end, you may get magisk patched .tar file. The .tar file is within the same folder where you’ve got the Stock firmware file.
- Copy magisk_patched.tar file to your PC.
- If you are on SM-G398F (Enterprise model), I already patched the file. You can use this XCover4S_ROOT_AP_9.0.tar file.
Flash Patched Boot Image using ODIN
- Due to Samsung’s new security restrictions, we can’t flash TWRP with Stock Boot on your mobile. So, we’ve got to flash a patched boot using ODIN.
- Unlock your screen lock. There should be no fingerprint, PIN Lock, Wipe. Set No lock within the settings.
- Switch off your Mobile. Enter into Download mode->Volume Down+ Volume Up Buttons and Connect Your Mobile To PC via USB Cable, After Samsung Logo Appear, Release all keys.
- After stepping into Download Mode, it’ll say Warning, Press Volume Up button to continue.
- Launch Odin Application.
- It Will Show the message added.
- If you probably did not get this message Repeat the above steps.
- After Getting Added Message Select, AP/PDA Button, then Browse for the patched Magisk .tar file select it. Together with this file, you must select and flash the opposite three non-patched firmware files. Un-Tick the Auto-Reboot.
- Press Start watch for the tasks to finish. After the method complete, Press Volume Down+ Power button to exit Download mode. When the screen burst, Immediately Press Volume Up+ Home + Power buttons as well into Recovery mode.
- After getting in Stock recovery mode, visit Wipe Data/Factory Reset and choose Yes to wipe data. It’ll erase your saved data in your device. Don’t Boot into OS, Read below Boot stages before booting.
Boot into Rooted OS
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release all the keys once the Bootloader warning appears. You have got to line up your device sort of a new device. You’ll select the foundation status using the Root Checker.
- Stock Recovery Boot – Press and Hold Volume Up + Power buttons, release keys while you hold the Volume Up key.
- You will see Magisk Manager in your App drawer. If you can’t find the app, you’ll be able to install Magisk Manager on your mobile.
In my opinion, you don’t need rooting for your Samsung Galaxy XCover 4s. If you thought you may Improve Performance By root;
With the Exynos 7885 Octa-Core processor and three GB RAM, your device can perform well. If you don’t understand how much RAM you would like, you may never use this much RAM.
You must not Boot into Normal OS Booting, by pressing the facility button, after firmware flash. It’ll boot you to a Non-Rooted environment.
If you mistakenly urged and boot frequently, don’t panic, after setup everything, turn off your device and boot into Rooted OS using above mentioned keys. If you root your device, due to the battery drain issues, you’ll optimize your battery without root.
Beyond this, if your purpose is to Disable Bloatware apps, you’ll do this without using this method. Once you have any suggestions or doubts, comment below.