Asus ROG Phone II Specifications: Overview
Table of contents
- 1 Asus ROG Phone II Specifications: Overview
- 2 Why Should You Root Asus ROG Phone 2?
- 3 How To Root Asus ROG Phone 2 Pie 9.0 (International Variant)
- 4 What More?
Asus ROG Phone II (2) may be a Successor of Asus first Gaming Phone- ROG Phone. Once we scrutinize Specs, you’ll understand what quantity It can survive in Hard Conditions.
It’s a Gaming phone, So, Asus Optimized and Slightly Over Clocked to offer plenty of performance from this device. You shouldn’t modify the Settings with the assistance of Root.
But, When some modules which will facilitate your do specific tasks, you’ll consider rooting. If you’re a daily user, I counsel you must not root your mobile, unless you recognize what exactly you’re visiting do and therefore the consequences at that time.
Your mobile won’t receive regular patch updates from Asus. It comes with Pie 9.0 version. Soon, it’ll get Android 10. If you’re a Developer or Regular Root apps user, you’ll follow the below guide to realizing root on your mobile.
When you will use Custom ROMs, using Unofficial ROMs during this device isn’t good. Usually, Unofficial version mah includes a lot of great bugs.
I Don’t know, any custom ROMs are optimized and have some exclusive options like regular Stock Firmware. In other mobiles, this can be a unique story.
But coming to a gaming phone, they always have some unique in-built apps to boost the performance. So, it’s better to use Stock Firmware.
Rog Phone 2 allows users to pick between Zen UI and Stock UI. This can be a small advantage If you hate Custom Skin OS. Once you know some excellent root apps that may enhance the performance, you’ll root your mobile using the below method.
Why Should You Root Asus ROG Phone 2?
You should have the correct reason, and you recognize what you’re doing. Yes, with a minimum of 8/12 GB RAM and Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ processor, you’ll use this mobile without root for 4-5 Years If you utilize correctly.
It’s a gaming beast. Don’t root because everybody is saying when root your mobile it can become fast. No.
Rooting is to extract some performance from the device. But, you have already got Powerful specs and software.
So, If you’re hooked into some root apps, you’ll root. But, if you would like to check, I won’t recommend it. Zen UI is customized for your mobile performance;
By rooting, you’ll expect only a 10-20% performance increment because it’s already optimized for your mobile.
How To Root Asus ROG Phone 2 Pie 9.0 (International Variant)
Asus ROG Phone 2 International Variants comes with a versatile bootloader apart from some locked devices. Example- In Samsung, Verizon mobiles include a locked Bootloader.
This suggests that different smartphone variants are often easily rooted. Also, the device can accept to put in TWRP recovery or the other custom recovery file/app alike.
TWRP recovery could be a custom recovery file that has to be installed on your devices because you’ll root them successfully. During this article, we explained the simplest method to follow and install TWRP recovery on the Asus ROG Phone 2.
However, the tool required for rooting this device is that the Magisk App.
With the assistance of TWRP Recovery, you’ll be able to quickly flash the newest version of Magisk into your ROG Phone 2 to realize root access. Before sharing the tutorial, you’ll want to understand that, with the TWRP recovery present on your device, you’ll be able to easily install any custom ROM or firmware.
Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything is going to be explained succinctly in bullets.
Things to check out for;
- First of all, please check your device is charged more than 70%.
- Please create a backup of your Android device before begin rooting.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your mobile. To try to do this; attend settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times consistently to enable “Developer Options,” then attend the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock and Enable the ‘Advanced Reboot.’ There is no complicated process in the Asus ROG Phone 2.
- Also, download the ADB drivers. Install it on your PC.
- Download Magisk.Zip (Latest Version) and Copy it to Your mobile SD card or Pendrive OTG Cable.
- Download and save the TWRP File, Extract in your PC and rename it to recovery.img. Copy this file to ADB Folder. Download the TWRP Installer and Copy this file to your mobile external Storage using OTG Cable. You can also sideload these files to your mobile after you boot into TWRP If you can’t use this OTG method.
- Download Decrypt (Supports up to Pie) and Save it in your mobile.
Unlock Bootloader using Official APK File
- Download ROG Phone 2 Unlock Utility and Install on your mobile. If you can’t Install, Enable Unknown Sources in Settings.
- Open the app and follow On-Screen instructions.
- After the method completion, Your mobile’s Bootloader is unlocked. Reboot your mobile.
- Check again enable “Developer Options,” then head to the “Developer Options” and enable USB Debugging Mode, OEM Unlock and Enable the “Advanced Reboot.” Sometimes they disabled themselves after the boot.
Flash TWRP using ADB and Fastboot
- Switch off your device. Connect your mobile to the PC. Then, enter into Fastboot mode. To try to do this; Press and hold down the Volume Down + Power buttons at an identical time a few times. It’ll boot your mobile into Fastboot mode.
- Now, connect the Asus ROG Phone 2 mobile to the PC via USB cable.
- Go to the ADB and Fastboot folder, Launch the fastboot on your computer. Open a prompt on your PC and kind below command.
- fastboot devices
- It should display the connected devices. If you didn’t get the device, restart the prompt and Disconnect and Connect your mobile. If you’re detected, type below command and Hit Enter.
- fastboot boot recovery.img
- After the method complete, it’ll boot into the temporary TWRP. Don’t Boot into standard OS until we flash Magisk.
Install TWRP Installer, Magisk and Decrypt in your Asus ROG Phone 2 using TWRP
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select Decrypt.zip.
- After the Installation Again, navigates to Home and choose Install.
- Select TWRP Installer.Zip. In the same way, Install Magisk.zip. After the successful installation, Reboot your mobile.
- You can also install Magisk Manager in your Mobile Applications. Install a Root checker to verify your Root Status.
In my opinion, you don’t need rooting for your Asus ROG Phone 2. If you thought you’ll Improve Performance By root;
With the Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ Octa-Core processor and eight GB RAM, your device can perform well. If you don’t understand how much RAM you would like, you may never use this much RAM.
Don’t Install any apps aside from trusted sites on rooted devices. Third-party site apps can contain some background codes. So, Check twice before installing those apps. If you face any problem during this process, comment below.