There are several ways to root an Android device. The foremost common method is to flash Supersu or Magisk via TWRP but as there are many devices that haven’t received any custom recovery, there’s otherwise to realize root access.
Here we are going to be using Magisk manager and boot.img to induce Vivo Y83 Pro rooted.
Vivo Y83 Pro Specifications: Overview
Table of contents
Vivo Y83 Pro comes equipped with a 6.22-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 1520 x 720 Pixels. Powering the device is an Octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 MT6762, 64-bit Processor plus 4GB of RAM, and 64GB onboard storage which might be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card.
The Vivo Y83 Pro sports a dual-camera setup on the rear side (13MP + 2MP with LED dual-tone flash) and an 8MP front camera. The device houses a 3,260mAh Lithium-Polymer battery which is Non-Removable.
Vivo Y83 Pro also features a fingerprint sensor. The device has all the important connectivity options moreover because of the sensors.
ineed2root.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide so please proceed at your own risk. However, we would be happy to help with any problems within our reach.
Important Note: Without TWRP, you can’t flash the foundation files like Magisk. Now we’ve to manually modify the stock boot image by a patch to induce root access on the device.
How To Root Vivo Y83 Pro With Magisk Manager
- Your phone should have battery juice quite 60% a minimum of.
- Keep a backup of your device data initially. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you’ll be able to go back to the important data.
- The image enters this text is supported by the Vivo Y83 model only. don’t try and flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable so as to attach your device with the pc.
- You should download all the mandatory files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
Unlock the bootloader
- First, unlock the bootloader of your device, guide: How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot Commands
- For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
Download stock boot image
- Download Stock ROM > Download
Download the boot file in keeping with your device. Once downloaded, unzip the file and open it, look for a .zip file. Open that file too, now you may see a file named boot.img (This is that the official stock image or firmware)
Patch boot image
- Move the boot.img to your device’s internal storage.
- Download & install the latest Magisk Manager on your device
- Open Magisk Manager, On the most screen, select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start to patch the boot image.
- After completion, the file will be saved as “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder
Finally, Root Vivo Y83 Pro
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file from your phone’s download section to the platform-tools folder on your PC
- Download and Install Latest ADB and Fastboot SDK Platform-Tools
- Now issue the subsequent command besides your device to bootloader mode (Make sure your device is connected to the PC)
- Now issue the command given below to Flash the patched boot image
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the below commands:
Done !!! Just reboot your device. Your device should be rooted now.