We have a bit of awesome news for all the Vivo Y12 users. Finally, the Vivo Y12 is rooted in Magisk. The most effective part is users don’t must have TWRP recovery.
Currently, there’s no TWRP recovery available for the devices, so it’s the sole thanks to Root Vivo Y12. This method of rooting an Android device doesn’t require TWRP because it uses the patch boot image.
This can be really a good thing as there are many devices that TWRP recovery or the other recovery isn’t available. For the new devices too, this can be the sole method to urge root access.
Rooting Vivo Y12 gives you extra benefits such as you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you’ll streamline your phone performance and lots of extra features. the important performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it’s rooted.
Rooting your Vivo Y12, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
About Vivo Y12
Table of contents
The Vivo Y12 comes equipped with a 6.2-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels. The device is powered by MediaTek Helio P22 MT6762 processor including 3GB of RAM and 32GB internal memory with microSD support up to 128GB.
The Vivo Y12 sports dual 13MP + 2MP rear camera and a 13MP front camera. It houses a Non-Removable 4000 mAh Lithium-Polymer Battery. The Vivo Y12 encompasses a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
How To Root Vivo Y12 With Magisk Manager
Unlock the bootloader
- First, unlock the bootloader of your device, guide: How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot Commands
Download stock boot image
- Download Stock ROM
Download the boot file consistent with your device. Once downloaded, unzip the file and open it, look for a .zip file. Open that file too, now you may see a file named boot.img (This is that the official stock image or firmware)
Patch boot image
- Move the boot.img to your device’s internal storage.
- Download & install the latest Magisk Manager on your device
- Open Magisk Manager, On the most screen, select Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File
- Now select the boot image (boot.img). Magisk will start to patch the boot image.
- After completion, the file will be saved as “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder
Finally, Root Vivo Y12
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the “magisk_patched.img” file from your phone’s download section to the platform-tools folder on your PC
- Now issue the subsequent command as well your device to bootloader mode (Make sure your device is connected to the PC)
- Now issue the command given below to Flash the patched boot image
- For devices with A/B partition system, use the below commands:
Done !!! Just reboot your device. Your device should be rooted now.