Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ are updated to the newest stable Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update. It comes with new build numbers G950FXXU1CRB7 and G955FXXU1CRB7 respectively.
The stable Baseband CRAP was abandoned thanks to some bugs and a replacement OTA CRB7 was released. The newest stable build is predicated on Android 8.0 Oreo featuring the newest February 2018 Android Security Patches.
So if you’re still on the previous Nougat firmware and searching forward to flashing the newest Oreo OTA, then visit this tutorial. You’ll be able to also download the complete stock firmware directly from Samsung Servers.
Because Samsung’s software is currently being updated to Oreo, a lot of Galaxy S8 users are eager to root their devices. Below is the guide that allows you to root the latest Samsung Experience 9.0 ROM based on Oreo.
This guide will work not only on Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8 + but also on Galaxy S9, S9 +, Note 8, Samsung Galaxy S7, etc. Running Oreo or earlier.
This guide will also set up the latest TWRP recovery and allow root access with the latest Magisk 16 and above.
However, so as to flash the newest TWRP recovery, we are going to be employing a more stable Prince Comsy’s Odin tool. So let’s begin with the foundation procedure.
Downloads For Rooting Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ On Oreo
Table of contents
- 1 Downloads For Rooting Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ On Oreo
- 2 How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 (Plus) On Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware Update? [G950F/FD/X/N & G955F/FD/X/N]
- 3 Prerequisites To Root Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ On Oreo
- 4 Root Samsung Galaxy S8 On Oreo
Here are some files which will help in rooting the:
- Galaxy S8 (Exynos variants – G950F/FD/N/X) and Galaxy S8 Plus (Exynos variants – G955F/FD/X/N)| Download TWRP
- Latest Magisk 16+ | Download link
- Download S8 decryption zip | Download | File:
- Latest Odin 3.13.1+ | Download link
- New Prince Comsy Odin which has been tested | Prince Comsy Odin
- Samsung mobile drivers | Download link
Flashing the decrypt zip is optional. But if you run into issues, you’ll flash the decrypt zip.
Warning: Rooting or installing a custom package like TWRP may void an S8 device warranty and will trip Knox for Samsung. While this procedure has been tested on S8 and other Samsung phones, it should fail for you. Reader’s discretion is advised.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 (Plus) On Android 8.0 Oreo Firmware Update? [G950F/FD/X/N & G955F/FD/X/N]
The CFAR root is outdated and only supports the Nougat firmware for now. Once that is updated to Oreo, you’ll be able to root without TWRP recovery. This rooting tutorial is that the commonest method to root any Samsung phone.
First, you’ll have to flash TWRP recovery via Odin software by adding it to the AP section. Later, flash the Magisk package to achieve root access. If something goes wrong, you’ll be able to re-flash the entire stock firmware via Odin and restore S8 (Plus) firmware. Download the complete firmware package from here.
Prerequisites To Root Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ On Oreo
- Verify your device for compatibility. The listed rooting method is for Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, Note 8, Galaxy S7, S7+, etc. With Exynos models only. Don’t try them on the Snapdragon variants.
- Turn on Developer options from Settings> About Phone> Touch Build number multiple times.
- Go to Settings and developer settings and “Enable OEM Unlock” from Developer Options before you proceed. this can be important!
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options. Also enable advanced reboot, if available.
- Apart from a Samsung Galaxy device, you’ll also need a PC (Windows/Linux/MacBook).
- You must install the latest Samsung driver on the PC. Confirm you have the latest Samsung mobile driver for a stronger connection.
- Fully charge your device because it may take your time.
- Backup your data, internal storage, photos, apps, etc.
Root Samsung Galaxy S8 On Oreo
1: Download the newest TWRP recovery for your Galaxy device. Transfer it to PC where you’ll be able to easily locate it. Also, transfer Magisk and No encryption zip to phone storage.
2: Power off the phone completely and Reboot your S8 device into Download Mode or Odin Mode. Turn off your device completely and then press and hold Power button + Volume Down + Home keys for a few seconds.
3: Extract and run the Prince Comsy file from Odin3_3.13.1.exe on the PC as an administrator.
4: Connect your Samsung device to your PC employing a USB cable while the phone remains within the Odin Mode or Download mode.
5: The ID: COM within the Odin will turn Blue with an Added!! message.
6: Click on the AP button and add the TWRP recovery TAR file.
7: Remove Auto Reboot checkbox in options and proceed with installation by selecting the Start button.
8: Once you get a PASS! the message within the Log tab, TWRP is installed.
9: Now directly reboot into TWRP recovery by turning off and holding Volume down + Power button. Allow the modifications from the recovery when asked.
Note: If you choose flash without DM verification code, the data format is not required. If not then format the data.
10 a: Now move to the WIPE option. Choose FORMAT DATA – Type yes – ENTER. First, take an entire Nandroid Backup before you wipe. Reboot into Recovery once.
10 b: (Optional) you will flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip to turn off encryption and dm-verity. Reboot into Recovery once.
11: Later, flash the
12: Once done Reboot the device to the system.