Here during this guide, we’ll facilitate your to flash the Magisk to root Huawei Honor 10. Read our step by step guide properly!
Who doesn’t want to urge the foremost of his Android device..?! Getting the superuser access through the root and to be ready to control various aspects like clock, access to the cache, etc.
Are a few of the assorted possibilities that we will explore. Once we mention of root access, this implies we’d like to perform a specific modification that may root our phone and that we will have the access to the foundation directory of our device.
During this post, we are going to show you the way to root Huawei Honor 10.
Huawei Honor 10 Specifications: Overview
Table of contents
Huawei‘s sub-brand Honor launched its first iPhone X like Notch screen on Honor 10. The consideration 10 features a 5.84-inch IPS LCD display with 1080 x 2160 Full HD+ resolution and a 19:9 ratio.
The smartphone features a metal and glass back with a color-changing aurora coating that changes the color of the phone counting on the angle you see it in. Except for the aurora glass on the rear, the consideration 10 sports a near bezel-less display on the front with a notch on top.
The notch houses the selfie camera, ambient light sensor, and also the proximity sensor.
Talking about the specs, Huawei Honor 10 features a 5.84-inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels (19:9). The smartphone is powered by an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 970 octa-core processor not to mention 6GB of RAM.
The phone packs 128GB of internal memory. The camera on the Huawei Honor 10 comes with a dual-camera with 16MP + 24MP on the rear and front-mounted with a 24MP camera for selfies.
The handset runs on Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a 3400mAh battery with 5V and 4.5A Super Charge.
We will use the Magisk by patching the stock boot image and flash that to your boot partition. However it’s going to get confusing for you, so, because of XDA developer RogerXIII who did the stock boot patching and flashing. he’s the one who brings this for all root fanatics.
All you would like to try to do is download the patched image file and flash it.
You need to own an unlocked bootloader on your phone before you’ll be able to root Huawei Honor 10. We’ve got detailed the tactic on it below.
Mostly uninitiated people compare rooting with hacking which isn’t correct. The aim in both contexts is sort of different.
Hacking is more like breaking into someone’s else system illegally, whereas rooting is usually done by the owner of an Android device to achieve superuser advantages of the device.
Steps To Root Huawei Honor 10 Using Magisk
First of all, we’d like to unlock the device bootloader on Honor 10. Then you’ll continue with the following steps. After this, we’d like to download and flash the patched ramdisk file which we mentioned above.
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting will block the OTA updates
Download Patched Stock Boot Image File
- Make sure to own enough battery charge on your phone to avoid interruption during the patch installation.
- Before performing any modification take backup of your device data.
- This image file is strictly for Honor 10 only. Don’t use it on the other Huawei or other Android devices.
- Install ADB and Fastboot files. (Windows/MAC)
- A PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable.
- Install Huawei Honor 10 USB Drivers.
How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Huawei Honor 10
Assuming that you simply have used our above instruction and unlocked the bootloader, we are going to continue on flashing the patched boot image.
- First, let’s begin by moving our phone into fastboot mode.
- Hold and long press Power button + Volume Keys for sometimes. Don’t release the buttons till you see the fastboot screen.
- Now connect your device to the PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- If you’ve not downloaded, download the patched image file and
- Move that file into the ADB folder on PC.
- While you’re within the ADB folder, press right-clicks + shift key within the empty space. you may see the below panel doping up.
- Click on Open Powershell Window here. Basically, the prompt reveals upon clicking.
- Now type the following command and press enter
- fastboot devices
- This command will return a tool ID to verify your device is connected properly.
- This is an important step. Type the precise command without quotes.
- fastboot flash ramdisk col-magisk-tlxx.img
- This will patch the Magisk ramdisk to your device and your phone will get rooted.
- The flashing may take a while. After flashing, you would like to reboot the device. To do it, give the command,
- fastboot reboot
So, that’s it. Now that you simply know the way to root Huawei Honor 10, you’ll be able to do this out. If you have got any queries regarding this, do allow us to know.