Even if International Exynos processor Samsung mobiles don’t seem to be welcome by some users, The good thing about having International variants is it’s not bootloader locked, and you’ll root your mobile as was common to compare with other variants. Also, you may receive fast OTA updates. Samsung Galaxy S20 International variant G980F comes with an Exynos processor. Thus we can root Samsung Galaxy S20 Exynos Android 10 version with few additional steps.
After the Pie version, most Android mobile manufacturers begin to tighten the bootloader’s protection. But fortunately, unlocked models need only some steps to unlock the bootloader.
The following method is suitable for both One UI 2.0 and 2.5. All you have got to try to do is select the right file for your version. The way is simply for Exynos processors. Don’t try with Snapdragon variants.
After One UI release Samsung optimized mobiles well with the software. But once you feel you wish to use root required apps or more control on your mobile, you’ll root your mobile using the below method. After you are a daily user, rather than rooting, you’ll try some alternative apps.
Did You Need To Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Exynos In The Android 10 Version?
Table of contents
- 1 Did You Need To Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Exynos In The Android 10 Version?
- 2 How To Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Exynos Android 10 One UI 2.0 (SM-G980F)
- 3 What More?
It would be best if you had a powerful reason for rooting. Samsung Already released One UI 2.0/2.5 supported Android 10 and is already optimized. You’ve got over Enough 8 GB RAM to use daily apps without lag for years.
Yes, I Know, RAM maybe appears not enough due to the Samsung Heavily customized OS. But, Trust me, One UI is much better than other Custom Skin OS. You’ll use this device without lag for years until Samsung mess with some Bloatware.
But beyond, this does not go reasons. You’re obsessed with some root apps. Otherwise, you are a frequent user of some Custom OS. You’ll proceed further. But if you wish to root because everybody is doing, I counsel you, don’t embed If you didn’t have any experience. For regular users, It can become a Nightmare.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S20 Exynos Android 10 One UI 2.0 (SM-G980F)
The Samsung Galaxy S20 International variants include a versatile bootloader. It implies that the smartphone will easily be rooted. Alternatively, the device can accept inclusion in TWRP recovery or other custom recovery files/applications. Don’t try with the US Snapdragon Variants like Verizon devices. They are available with a locked Bootloader.
But within the method below, we are going to Root this device using Magisk. You’ll be able to install Official TWRP using the official app when it’s released. TWRP recovery could be a custom recovery file that has to be installed on your device since you’ll successfully root them.
During this article, we’ve got explained the best method to follow and install Magisk on Samsung Galaxy S20. However, the mandatory tool to root this device is that the Magisk App.
You can flash TWRP when it becomes available. With the support of TWRP Recovery, you will be able to flash custom ROMs into your Samsung Galaxy S20 quickly.
Before sharing the tutorial, you might want to understand that, with Magisk present on your device, you’ll easily install any native app. Does it seem complicated? Relax, everything will be briefly explained in bullet points.
Things To Check Out For;
- Check your gadget model number.
- You should Backup your present records and information Full Data Loss Process (spare them on outside capacity).
- Introduce Latest Magisk Manager.
- Ensure your gadget battery is above half
- You can’t utilize Samsung Pay, Secured organizer, and some authority applications from Samsung.
- You can’t refresh your firmware, to get new firmware you need to follow the underneath ventures with the most recent firmware.
- Peruse the full instructional exercise before the procedure.
1. Pre-Requirement Steps
- Empower USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock on your portable. To do this; go to settings >>> about >>> Tap on the “Build Number” 7-10 times reliably to empower “Developer Options,” at that point go to the “Developer Options” and empower USB Debugging Mode and OEM Unlock. There is no complicated process in the Samsung Galaxy S20.
- Switch off your gadget. Go into Download Mode-> Volume Down+ Power and Connect your portable with PC utilizing USB Cable. When Download mode cautioning screen Appears, Press Volume Up catch to open Bootloader.
- The above procedure will wipe your client’s information. After arranging your gadget, Please reverify the OEM Unlock in the settings. At times It Will Lock Again.
- Download and install the Samsung USB driver to your computer system
- ODIN software (v3.04, v3.06,v3.07,v3.09,v3.10.5, v3.10.6, v3.11.1 , v3.11.2 ,v3.12.5 ( Nougat Android version), v3.12.7 (Oreo Android version), v3.13.1 (Pie Android version), v3.14.1 (Android 10 version),Modified Odin (Nougat/Oreo/Pie Android version), Prince Comsey Odin (Nougat/Oreo/Pie Android version) ).
- Download OEM Fix, Copy it to Your Phone external Memory. We Need to flash OEM Fix to avoid OEM Lock automatically in the future after the Root process, and Samsung S20 Encryption disabler.zip, Copy it to Your Phone Memory. We Need to flash encryption disabler to avoid Boot Warnings in the future after the Root process.
- Download and save the TWRP get into your PC. Select the proper TWRP file from Below. This TWRP can support Up to Android 10. You’ll be able to choose from One UI, 2.0, and 2.5. once you arrange to update to at least one UI 2.5, you’ll root after updating.
2. Flash TWRP Using ODIN
- Connect your USB cable to your PC. Turn off your device. Then enter Download mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down + Bixby + Power buttons and connect your micro USB Cable.
- Press the Volume Up button to continue after you see the warning message.
- Now, connect your Samsung Galaxy S20 mobile phone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Launch the Odin application on your computer. If the device is detected by this app (Odin), it will show you a read message – added!
However, if the device is not connected correctly to your PC, you won’t see this message. So you have to check the USB cable to see if it makes sense and reconnect the device.
- After connecting the Samsung device, click on the PDA / PA button to browse/search and get TWRP from where you saved it on your PC. Alternatively, navigate to “options” and Uncheck Automatically Reboot.
- Click on “Start”
- Once the file is loaded onto the device, Don’t restart your device.
- You just installed TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy S20. If you have TWRP installed, do not activate your mobile device. Immediately, move on to the steps to install Magisk. You will try this by Pressing Volume Down + Power to exit download mode, then pressing Volume Up + Bixby + Power to enter recovery mode.
3. Install Magisk, DM-verity, And OEM Fix In Your Samsung Galaxy S20 Using TWRP
- Boot it into recovery mode->Volume Up + Bixby+ Power Button.
- Now it Will Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select Wipe->Advance Wipe->Select Cache and User Data.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select OEM Fix.zip.
- After the installation, it’ll Prompt to Root with Magisk, Select Next until you get the most Menu Screen.
- In Main Menu, Select “Proceed with ROM flasher and Multitool.” Select “Patch for OEM Issue.” We mustn’t Install Magisk Separately. This OEM fix file will Install Magisk.
- Return to Home of TWRP select Install.
- Select no-verity-opt-encrypt.
- You should Install One by One. Don’t add more zips feature in TWRP. After the Installation Reboot Your Mobile.
- You can also install Magisk.apk in your Mobile Application. No-verity-opt-cryptpt is used to avoid the Encryption issue after rooting. You can check your root status with Root Checker.
- If Magisk is not found in the App Drawer, you should repeat the process from OEM repair settings.
In my opinion, you don’t need root for your Samsung Galaxy S20 Android 10 version. If you thought you’ll Improve Performance By rooting; With the Exynos 990 processor and eight GB RAM, your device can perform well.
If you don’t know the way much RAM you wish, you’ll never use this much RAM. It might help if you probably did not Boot into Normal OS Booting, by pressing the ability button, after firmware flash. It’ll boot you to a Non-Rooted environment.
If you mistakenly get prompted and boot regularly, don’t panic, after setting everything up, close up your device and boot into the Rooted OS using the keys mentioned above. If you root your device, you’ll optimize the battery without rooting thanks to the battery drain issue.
Alternatively, if your purpose is to Disable Bloatware applications, you’ll be able to bed without using it. Once you have any suggestions or doubts, be at liberty to comment below.